With the development of embedded electronics, our vehicles have become real computers on wheels. But now, no need to be a geek to take advantage of this trend, either to improve performance or achieve substantial fuel savings.
Do you dream of controlling all the parameters of your vehicle like the Fast & Furious drivers who use a laptop to communicate with their cars? Want to make the most of your engine, or simply reduce fuel consumption without reducing the performance of your vehicle? Today, nothing is easier, thanks to numerous accessories sold at increasingly affordable prices and to the services offered by a growing number of professional service providers.
What are the steps of an engine reprogramming?
- Measure the power and torque of your vehicle on our 4WD power bench.
- Reading of the original data of the vehicle and backup of the latter, which can be reimplanted free of charge in case of resale of the vehicle for exampl remapping Liverpool is the best idea
- Personalized modification of the data of the software of your vehicle: optimization of the performances while respecting the tolerances of your engine.
- Relocate (write) the modified data into your engine (ECU) box.
- Measurement of power and torque after reprogramming.
- Delivery of keys and documents to the client
The finally affordable diagnostic outlet
We find today in the trade many accessories, sometimes sold at ridiculous prices, which allow communicating via this interface with the engine control unit (ECU) and using consumer equipment. Thanks to applications like Torque or Dash Command (for iOS or Android systems), any laptop, smartphone or tablet can be transformed into a real on-board computer with gauges and very “design” dials that will display and record in real-time all data from different calculators, such as an ultra-precise tachometer, torque, power, consumption, CO2 emissions, etc. This software also makes it possible to read the fault codes in order to determine the origin of the engine malfunctions. The confirmed mechanics will be able to practice the necessary interventions and reset the fault code (and therefore disable the warning light on the dashboard) without going through the dealer box. But far from being a simple tool for reading and passive diagnosis, the OBD-II plug also allows for much more advanced operations on many vehicles. Passionate Internet communities then speak of “chip tuning” (for pure optimization) or “eco tuning” (to reduce consumption)